Old October 18th 03, 12:15 AM
Rich S.

"Morgans" wrote in message

Hmmmm. I didn't read it that way. Anyone else care to weigh in?
--
Jim in NC

Here's the text. . . .

"These are the two new airworthiness certificates that would be established:
a.. A new experimental light-sport aircraft airworthiness certificate for
existing light-sport aircraft that do not meet the requirements of Part 103
(ultralight vehicles) of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
b.. New special, light-sport aircraft airworthiness certificates for
light-sport aircraft that meet an airworthiness standard developed by
industry.
These are the two new airworthiness certificates that would be
established:

a.. A new experimental light-sport aircraft airworthiness certificate
for existing light-sport aircraft that do not meet the requirements of Part
103 (ultralight vehicles) of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
b.. New special, light-sport aircraft airworthiness certificates for
light-sport aircraft that meet an airworthiness standard developed by
industry. "
Nuthin' in here about homebuilts that I kin see. As far as I can tell, this
is just creating a new class of "Certified" "Factory built and approved"
airplanes - with the exception of reining in the illegal, overweight
ultralights.

Rich "Call me skeptical" S.