Old November 21st 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Playing Chicken With The Birds

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 11:50:03 AM UTC-5, Tango Whisky wrote:
Le mercredi 21 novembre 2018 17:41:55 UTC+1, a écritÂ*:
I've also seen Bald Eagles dive at me with talons out while sharing a thermal. Sort of scary when you realize how much these bird weigh.

Eagles attack mostly around May when gliders are too close to their occupied nest. Apart for protection of their nest, they don't attack.

When the young'uns are learning to fly they're pretty protective. After a week or so everything is ok.