Old October 15th 12, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Results from 12th National Soaring Contest in Elmira - 1941

On Monday, October 15, 2012 5:14:36 AM UTC-5, KiloKilo wrote:
Wonderful to know it is available ... I don't have access to issues that far back ... if someone could scan and send a copy, I would greatly appreciate it. We can then add to the PGC history page.

Ken Kochanski

PGC Webmaster

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:16:24 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:28:56 PM UTC-5, KiloKilo wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:54:58 PM UTC-4, Frank Whiteley wrote:

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:30:37 AM UTC-6, KiloKilo wrote:

JP,

Yes, thanks ... I am a PGC member (and the PGC site webmaster) and this club history article by Lew Hull actually spurred my request to ras. According to Lew Hull(a PGC founding father)our club was founded by glider pilots keenly involved/interested in XC and racing. These gentlemen had a vision and purchased the wondeful site we all enjoy today. I just wanted to see who was participating in the '41 contest and perhaps fill in more details ... and highlight PGC's XC/Racing heritage.

KK

Ken,

There is an article in the 1941 Soaring archives, but no score sheet.