Old March 23rd 21, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2021 Soaring Safari

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 12:17:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Well, Bob

Given the range of the Stemme, I could hop on down there along a great
circle route with a single fuel stop at Alexandria, LA. Of course
there's quite a squall line just east of Alexandria right now and a
pretty big stretch of over water flying from around Gulfport to Tampa.

I prefer to fly the Stemme simply as a self launch glider, But look at
those Frenchies who crossed the Iberian peninsula TWICE and many miles
out into the Mediterranean a few days ago. Oh, yeah... In a Stemme!

Dan
5J
On 3/22/21 4:24 PM, wrote:
Dan, we are doing quiet well with the Safari, some very good flights have been made and we are just in the beginning. Carol Ann has been flying well and many others are coming for the event. Just today another possible participant called and asked to be a part of the Safari. Even bigger plans are in place for next year, We are thinking about having two events per year, possibly one around turkey day and another will be the spring safari. The weather down in South Florida is much better than the Central and North Florida areas. We are staying very busy and are having a blast, evenings are especially nice with cold beverages and great conversations. Bob

Dan, don't worry some of the Senior contestants probably did not worry about the Tampa airspace either or else they would have submitted their flights.. Bring that Stemme on down and fly a big triangle in Florida, not that typical task of running down Hwy27 and calling that the Florida Ridge.
Yes, once again today we had several flights and I am getting the crew ready for the best spring weather yet here on the Treasure Coast.