Old March 28th 21, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2021 Soaring Safari

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 8:30:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 5:50:26 PM UTC-4, AS wrote:
Lucky you! If we get any snow here in SC, I have to really hurry up with shoveling it before it all melts away! ;-)

Uli
'AS'

No snow here, another great day of flying at the Soaring Safari here in Vero Beach. Wonderful guest and flights have been happening here on the Treasure Coast, and the WX is just getting good. next year will be even more exciting, already big plans for a very special event. Hey ZO, you can come on down to the TCSC and go around Lake O, I will be standing on call with the Pawnee for a tow out of any airport. Not like landing out of Grass Roots, we will even give you a free tow out and a cold beer..
A special thanks goes out to all those who were invited to the 2021 Safari, Scott , Dave, Richard, Bill, Carol, Ann Bob W., Rakel, Nelson, and a few more that I always forget to mention, we appreciate your involvement in this first ever event and we are looking forward to your continued participation in 2022.

We have a few more days of fun flying here on the beautiful coastline of Florida, we plan on wrapping things up on Sunday, maybe I can get out of the towplane and fly my glider before this event ends. As to date I have made 91 tows since the start of our Safari, this is a great accomplishment for soaring and our club. Bob

Today marked the final day of the 2021 TCSC Invitational Soaring Safari. This was our inaugural safari and certainly not our last. I would rate this event as a huge success for soaring and our club together. During our safari I logged almost 100 tows, our club also gained membership which will result in new youth within our community of soaring. After another day of activity people are packing up and heading home, we extend a special thanks to all. Bob