Old September 20th 19, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Search Threads

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 19:28:44 +0000, Steve Rusinowski wrote:

Hello

I am new to the site How to I search for a forum by subject

Canopy source is what I want.

What you should do first depends of what software you're using:

If you're using the web application that Google picked up when they took
over the master newsgroup archive from DejaVue when they started to
archive newsgroups then use it to search by thread title.

If you're using a newsreader (the best are probably Pan if you're a Linux
person, Forte Agent if you're on Windows and I don't know what's best on
a Mac) then, once you've subscribed to a newsgroup (rec.aviation.soaring
in this case) then you should download all current posts for the
newsgroup, search the thread titles and read any relevant threads to see
if anybody has asked the same question recently (they have in your case)
and whether the answers they got also help you. If not, start a new
thread (see below).

OR

Lurk here for a day or two to get a feel for how this newsgroup interacts
and see if there are any active threads about your topic. If there are
none, start a new thread by posting a message with an informative title,
e.g "Wanted: Canopy for Astir CS". Your message should say what country
and/or state you live in, what model of glider you want it for and any
other relevant details that would be useful to people who reply.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org