Old May 27th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

No, it's not. I've owned my airplane for 12 years. Three minutes is
still insufficient.

Frankly, every post you make you add stuff to your description of your
preflight. I have no idea how you manage to do all that stuff in three
minutes. You are either recklessly rushing through everything, or you
have a completely distorted sense of time.

That's possible, I suppose. Time spent flying (and preflighting) is NOT
deducted from your lifespan, so it pays to take your time... ;-)

I still say you're suffering from time elongation during preflight. Unless
I find something wrong or that needs adjustment, or lubrication (the yokes,
for example), or cleaning (the windshield -- but we try to do that AFTER
flight), I can't imagine taking 15 minutes on a preflight inspection. Not
on a fixed gear, single engine plane, anyway.

How long does your pre-takeoff checklist take you? Perhaps we're
commingling different parts of the lists, and counting them differently as a
result? (For example, Bob Noel checks his electric fuel pump during
pre-flight, which adds some time. We check the pump at engine start, so
we're not counting that particular check as part of our pre-flight
inspection...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA