Old May 27th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"The Visitor" wrote in message
Peter Duniho wrote:
Your strobes are required even in daytime.

So a Cub with no electrical system, can't fly day vfr?

No, and that's not what I said. Your reading comprehension is pitiful.

I wrote "YOUR strobes are required even in daytime". Jay's airplane is
equipped with strobes, and no rotating beacon (so they are his
anti-collision lights). As such, they are required to be lit during all
operations, including daytime.

Pete

Newer twin-Cessnas have two switches, one labeled "anti-coll" that turns on
the rotating beacon and one labeled "strobes" that .turns on the stobe
lights. The strobes do not have to be turned on during day-vfr.

I know you are referring to Jay's airplane not having a beacon must operate
the strobes but others not reading the full thread (as I started out to do)
may think that strobes are always required to be on if you have them.

Just a nit

Allen