Old December 15th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ Record results

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

Ok, Juan, I did.

James Campbell holds NO World records.
He holds NO National Records.
He is a confirmed Liar.

A thorough search of FAI records shows no James Campbell, in any
category.

The US National records are not available for online search, so I called
Art Greenfield at the NAA, yesterday. He did a physical search of the
archives, and sent me this email a few minutes ago:

Hi Al:

I can find no record in our archives of the 1981 flight by Jim Campbell. The
August 1983 edition of National Geographic contains an article mentioning it
as an "unofficial record," so that probably explains why I cannot find it in
our archives.

Hope this information helps,

Art

----------------------------------

A.W. Greenfield

Director, Contest and Records

National Aeronautic Association

1737 King Street, Suite 220

Alexandria, VA 22314

http://www.naa.aero

Tel (703) 527-0226 (ext. 102)

Fax (703) 527-0229

Mr Paul wrote:

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

All official aviation related world records are maintained by the FAI. You
can view records at http://www.fai.org/records

To whit Juan replied:

This statement is false.
FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."

Wrong, wrong, wrongitty wrong, wrong.

By Charter, that is exactly what the FAI does. From their website:
"FAI activities include the establishment of rules for the control and
certification of world aeronautical and astronautical records."

Categories start at 0kg, and go to unlimited. Outside your envelope?

Categories include Lighter than air, and heavier than air. Smoke and mirrors
are outside the category.

Some things not included in the FAI's categories:

1.) Magic

2.) Stunts

3.) Lies

The rocket racing league is shooting themselves in the foot here, big time.

Al G