Old August 1st 03, 09:52 PM
Fred J. McCall

"ian maclure" wrote:

:In article , "Jim Watt"
wrote:
:
: The fact that America retains a base on Cuba given your Governments
: unreasonable persecution of that country is in itself an crime.
:
: When Cuba decides to become a democracy we'll talk about that. Until
: then Gitmo remains a US base and with any luck a thorn in Fidels' body
: politic.

And obviously, the fact that we have a lease, we pay it every year,
and part of the original leasehold that we no longer needed was turned
back long ago, makes no difference to Mr Watt's thinking. But then,
why cloud a good tirade with facts?

territory."
--G. Behn