Old August 23rd 04, 02:46 AM
Teacherjh

On a slightly different topic, is it legal by FAA standards to let a

passenger take the controls of an aircraft?

Yes. When this happens, you are still PIC, but you can't log the time as PIC.

I don't see why not. The plane is still being operated by one rated pilot, not
two. The passenger is just an organic autopilot, and you log the time when
"George" is at the controls. Of course, George is FAA approved, and your
passenger is not, but here's a case (IMHO) where FAA approval works against
you.

Jose