Old July 20th 19, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antennae

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:36:32 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
That's very interesting!

Having both A and B antennae on top of the glare shield in my Stemme, I
get poor results with gliders directly below me (carbon fuselage).Â* I'll
try this again afterI move the antennae to the canopy rail and see what
improvement I get.

Dan, the benefit of using two antennas is maximized if you separate them as much as possible. That's why I'd like to install the "B" antenna behind the pilot seat, to help reception from the rear. Of course in a carbon fuselage that may not be a viable option. Unless you have a glass-fiber turtledeck, which I gather some gliders do, although the top part of the tailcone would still be in the way.