Old December 2nd 03, 05:24 PM
Maule Driver

Spun a lot of 'em. It's rudder and full elevator that tends to give the
desired result.

However, the biggest factor in my experience is CG. Get it far back enough
and you won't be able to tell the spin from the crash on takeoff. Get it
far enough forward and most a/c will only spiral before the wings come off
(you should understand the diff between a spin and spiral). Moving the CG
within a range will dramatically but somewhat predictably change the
handling characteristics of any a/c. The range is defined by the two
extremes where the a/c cannot be flown in a meaningful way (i.e. will crash)

Now once you are having some fun, try adding full aileron - both directions.
Try reversing the turn of a fully developed spin. Try some inverted spins.
Some a/c will surprise you. Some combinations and configs will not be
recoverable.

"Ralph the Red" wrote in message
Here's a good question. How come when you stall an R/C Airplane and kick
full aileron at it you can't get a stall spin like in real planes? I've
tried it with multiple R/C planes and never have seen anyone else have it
happen. Is it a weight or wing loading issue?