Old December 20th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
john smith

Default homemade external/internal antenna for handheld.

I purchased a commerially available antenna base and had it mounted to a
piece of the aluminum where the left wing meets the fuselage. A doubler
plate was riveted to provide extra strength. A length of stainless steel
rod cut to mid-frequency length was inserted to serve as the antenna.
This was on a 7AC. The antenna coax entered the cabin at the leading
edge/canopy junction.

gorgon wrote:

The subject sort of tells most of what I'm looking for. I have an
Aeronca and would like to increase the trans/recep of my handheld.
There was an article by Weir a couple of years ago in Kitplane, I
think, on how to make one.

Help?

Thanks

Mark in third world Wyoming.