Old February 3rd 11, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider12321

Default ASW20 or LS6

I couldn't agree more that it's vital to get glass time. I learned to
fly in a 2-33 an was transitioned to a "hot" 1-26. After flying that
for about 80 hours I moved to another area found a new spot to fly. I
went up with an instructor in a G103. Speed control (and coordination)
were big issues. I remember going into the turn from base to final at
about 58 kts and coming out at 68+ kts ... too high and too fast. the
runway comes up quickly at that speed and with the instructor
"yelling" in the back things were happeing much faster than I was used
to. It took a bunch of flights to understand the energy that is
gererated by a slippery ship. After that the transition into a 102 was
easy. That was 30 years ago and I haven't been in a 2-33 since...