Old June 16th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default THE LONG AWAITED BREAK THROUGH IN BATTERY TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN FOUND

Tagging on here, not picking on you.......

So, where do the volts come from?

In some major US cities, yes, there are charging stations.
What about in "east bumfvck" US when your battery is low?

You are SOL........

I have read Tesla threads, where they are too far far away from a quick charge.
The microstructure is not there yet.
Maybe someday.
A gas/electric is likely a better option, for now.

Solar works fine in some parts of the US.
Geothermal works in some countries.
Hydro works in some places.

I still lean to nukes, accepting some of the downsides for now. Look to some Euro countries.

AFAIK, no "perfect solution" everywhere. Each has it's challenges.