Old January 23rd 04, 03:16 PM
Eric Hocking

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message news:yW%Pb.103902$5V2.398094@attbi_s53...
Brian Sandle wrote:
Recall the crop circle "mystery" -- it eventually was
acknowledged to be a hoax -- by the hoaxers themselves - after
countless "experts" had been quoted as saying, "it can't be a hoax."

Ha ha, yes. It became quite a hobby of the `sceptics' or pranksters
to show how it could be done. How did they hoax the real crop circles
in which the bent over wheat is said to keep growing - it is not
trampled? Enlightenment please.

The same way the %#&$ lawn keeps growing no matter how many "mow rows"
you apply to it? =)

The crop circle crowd seem to be awfully good at looking at something
not all that overly impressive and instantly deciding it was humanly
impossible. Others might call this "wishful thinking" or "delusion" -
kinda like the "Rods" scam from a few years back.

Sorry to drop in out of lurking, but I always found it amusing to
watch ET cropcircle proponents squirm when I pointed out at
sci.skeptic that;

During the foot and mouth disease outbreak in the UK in 2001 the
government closed all countryside footpaths, effectively blocking any
but the farmer from crop fields.

During the ban no crop circles were recorded in the English
countryside.

The first crop circle in England to be recorded was the day after the
walking ban was lifted in that county.

Very community minded is our ET.

--
Eric Hocking