Old April 28th 04, 05:51 PM
Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC

MikeM wrote:

AA81 wrote:
Hey,

I live in San Diego, and I am planning to spend a weekend spotting
some planes and taking insane amounts of pictures at one of the big
moth-ball sites.

I have called both Victorville and Mojave airports, and they didnt
really want to help me.

Go to Tuscon. Visit the Pima Air Museum. Pay the extra $6.00 to
go on the AMARC bus tour. Rows and Rows of B52s, C141s, A10s, F4s,
OV10, C5A, KC135, OA2s, etc. Cameras welcome.

Pinal Air Park, run by Evergreen (CIA?) about 40 mi NW of Tuscon has
lots of unused commercial airliners including lots of 747s. They
dont like cameras.

MikeM

Have you ever been in PAP? We've tried several times to get in but they dont so
'tours'. And as the airframes are still 'live'.. meaning usable, just parked
to reduce the fleets, it's a security matter. We come over D-M and Marana
everyday on the arrival from Mexico.

TJ, B757FO
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.