Old August 13th 19, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Flaps/No flaps...practical difference??

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 6:21:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
For simple long pleasure flights in the western US or for the rare flights in the Alps would I notice any real PRACTICAL difference between a Discus 2c and other flapped 18m ships? I have NO interest in competition. Thanks

Well, on that pleasure flight, as he blows by you at 100 knots. When are we not in competition? And, the pilot has the same wingspan to do it...

Now, if you get a Libelle, you can out thermal them all!

"SQ"