Old September 15th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper ArrowIII (brand new)

wrote:

On a serious note... I've had more problems with the landing gear in
Arrows than in the Cardinal... but the Cardinal is super-well taken
care of, what in particular makes that a poorly designed system? It
seems rendundant to me and has a simple emegency extension procedure.

Too small a sample. Arrows are trouble free compared to a Cardinal RG.
Gear saddles are a failure point. You'll need a fat wallet to fix
one when it breaks. The switch on the nose gear that tells the plane
that your gear is up or down is a 99 cent piece of crap that Cessna gets
hundreds for. Constantly needs adjustment or you get faulty
indications. Cessna built the cheapest system they could and it shows.