Old December 11th 20, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uri Savoray

Default Hapoy Hanuka...another sky drawing in Namibia

Rafi Lusky and Avron Tal had a weak day in Namibia, so this is the result:
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=8233419

They wrote:
Happy Hanukkah! Part of the holiday symbols is the spinning top (dreidl, sevivon) that children play with during the holiday. Each pane of the top indicates an initial of one of the four word of the slogan with which the whole holiday is marked: "A big miracle was here" (in Hebrew).
So Namibia 2020, a day that starts late with blue sky. Instead of crying about a bad day Avron Tal and me planned a mission where we will draw the spinning top symbol for Hanukkah.
The planning took a few hours, friends repaired the drawing, then entering it into the navigation system.
Taking off at 14:30 in weak soaring conditions but definitely providing. Avron and I sharing the control. We draw 300 km lines, definitely the largest spinning top in the world. The flight took about 3 hours.
Thanks to Avron Tal.
Soft landings, Rafi Lusky - Israeli in Namibia