Old March 18th 21, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bogdan Manoiu Bogdan Manoiu is offline
Junior Member

Default GDL 90 on XCSoar

Good morning Davis,

You were right, I had the wrong pynmea2 package, I used the correct one and the Python code started working.

XCSoar shows "Connected, Flarm" but I can't see any traffic displayed on the XCSoar Map. I see Skyecho UDP port is also 4000 so that is not the issue.

The port monitor on XCSoar only shows the $PFLAU....but I can see on another device connected to Skyecho Transponder traffic in the vicinity.

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Thanks again,

Bogdan

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:49:29 PM UTC, wrote:
Bogdan,

I'm assuming you got Pynmea2 from their github or from Python's pip install. Whoever maintains pynmea2 hasn't updated that package to include LAU and LAA support yet.

Go here https://github.com/DavisChappins/GDL90toNMEA and follow step 3, you need my custom pynmea2 folder. The only change in the pynmea2 folder hosted by me and the default one is that I updated talker.py to include LAU and LAA sentences. I guess if you wanted you can just replace talker.py.

The SkyEcho2 outputs UDP on port 4000? If it uses a different port you can change line 83 in the script to listen to whatever port you need.