Old August 25th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Safety: Planes vs Bikes

On 24 Aug 2006 16:52:30 -0700, "Charles Talleyrand"
wrote:
I've been asked several times which of these things is more dangerous.
Can anyone provide some statistics on this?

Personal experience is that I've broken more bones on motorcycles than
I have in aircraft... So far, 5 bones on motorcycles, only 2 in an
aircraft... Most of the motorcycle incidents required me to be carried
away from the accident... I walked / hobbled away from the aircraft
incidents... As a side note, in both the motorcycle and the aircraft
incidents, I was wearing a full coverage helmets that sustained quite
noticeable damage... The damage to the motorcycle incident helmets
were considerably more severe though...

Given the choice between landing a Cessna 150/152 in the top of some
trees and having another motorcycle incident like some of my previous
ones, I would probably choose the Cessna 150/152... The crash speed is
quite a bit slower than any of the motorcycle incidents that I have
had over the years...

Regardless though, the one thing that I have learned is that GRAVITY
SUCKS...