Old August 30th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_4_]

Default Rolls-Royce O-200?

wrote

pardon my ignorance...
Is a rolls-royce O-200 the same as a continental O-200?
I mean specifically same overhaul times, same parts, same maintence,
etc?

I'm interested in a homebuilt with one but don't want to get into some
orphan engine.

No, they are totally different, and you would have to make every single
part, from scratch.

I would advise you go ahead with buying the homebuilt, then _immediately_
switch engines, and ship the RR engine to me, for safe disposal. I promise
you will sleep better, with that off of you mind! bfg

Anything else I can help you with, please feel free to write! g
--
Jim in NC