Old June 29th 05, 11:56 AM
jonnyboy

Stefan wrote:
F.L. Whiteley wrote:

Good point, it is certainly more subtle. I've experienced diesel injection
timing go bad, clogged fuel lines, out of fuel, blown radiator hoses
(injecting coolant into the intake), and a few wire snags (on tie downs)
over the years. All resulted in the gradual loss of power, a scenario that
should be trained.

The answer is: Watch your airspeed.

Stefan

Stefan;
You are an accident looking for a grid ref.
We know to watch the airspeed but what if it is "just adequate" to fly
safeyl but not maintain a full climb - you decide to chop the launch
and it speeds up -for a few seconds and then back to 48 knots?

Huh - chop or stay?

Jonathan