Old January 9th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Cant

Default Trouble Reaching Caracole?

Pete,
For whatever it's worth, I used to be with Cingular maybe 4-5 years
ago, and their coverage then was terrible. Switched to using Tracfone
prepaid, and have had no problems since. It definitely works between Mojave
and Bishop, most of the way from Bishop to Reno except at high altitudes and
in obvious canyons. I understand that instead of using their own towers
they simply lease bandwidth from all the providers - so it costs a little
more per minute, but the coverage is the sum of all providers.

Ian