Old March 31st 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default cobra trailer brake lever gas strut failure?

On Mar 31, 12:48*pm, 5Z wrote:
On Mar 31, 9:32*am, Andy wrote:

I already had the roll pin fall out of the tongue jack handle which
allowed the inside of the jack to drop causing the wheel to self
destruct on Cedar City main street a few years ago.

Any other tips on bits that fall off Cobra trailers?

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS remove the tongue wheel assembly before towing
the trailer. *Saves $$ and frustration.

-Tom

Or, do what I did, and build a simple travel bracket that backs up the
clamp. I used a piece of steel bar stock bent into a "J" and bolted
to the handle assembly. It swings down under the wheel mounting plate
when the wheel is raised into the travel position. I always hated
the "muss and fuss" of taking off the wheel for travel.