Old March 27th 19, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Std. Airworthiness for ASK 21B

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 1:15:04 PM UTC-7, Michael Opitz wrote:

...but it is a single seater, and I don't use it for
commercial or ride purposes, so the Experimental ticket doesn't
really hinder me at all except for writing the annual program letter.

Just so.

But for a ~$150k two-seater that operators expect to pay its own way with income from commercial operations such as rides and instruction, I figure that this is kind of a big deal. The interest/opportunity cost on the financing alone burns the better part of a thousand dollars each month, and the lenders probably want hull coverage as well.

--Bob K.