Old March 31st 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Hoover

Default bad backs was: least expensive flying

Cheeezzz! I had no idea I was hanging out with such a buncha crips!

-------------------------

But as for a Reality Check... I visited my first-ever Pain Doctor.
Mr. Jason M. Miller, M.D., of Pacific Pain Medicine (@ 3998-108 Vista
Way, which usta be the old optical shop on the front lawn at Tri-City
hospital. We got there @ 1000... for a 10:30 appointment. Dr. Miller
showed up at 11:15, gave us a few minutes of his time. Basic Question
was 'Why are you here?"

Apparently being in pain doesn't count. (Seriously folks, you gotta
work with me here.)

Basically, we're there because my cancer crew wants to be sure they've
touched all the bases. After chatting with Dr. Miller I think it's
fair to say we have.

There is one procedure that has not yet been tried on the Lab Monkey.
That is Facet Joint Injections. So we're gonna try that.
Prescriptions & letters are being exchanged as we speak...

In the meantime I'm going to work up a more extensive TENS trial,
using a bigger Position Array than before, and a bigger -- a much
bigger TENS unit matrix. Before (circa Aug 08) I used only four
Positions and the electrical adjustments were pretty much random.
Bottom Line: When it offered no relief I sought other means, found
them, and abandoned the TENS unit. Now I'm steaming under different
orders.

I'll use a 4x5 matrix for Position and Double-Series Sequence for
Electrical. (Double Series: Coarse and Fine. Coarse to identify one
range within four ranges, in which I feel SOME effect. Fine to try
and identify one setting within a virtually infinite range of
adjustments.

Shouldn't take more than a year or two :-)

Seriously, I'm dealing with some major Ow-ies here. I'm sure I can
obtain a CHEMICAL solution to the pain -- and equally sure it will
turn me into a zombie with a perpetual smile. No pain but no gain.
And I need the gain to keep from going postal.

Using a TENS unit offers a possibility of finding a non-chemical
solution to the pain.

I'll post the basics on my blog, including pictures of my lower back
artfully divided into a Pain Grid. My wife is already laughing.
Maybe some of you are too. But if you've any suggestions they would
be appreciated.

-R.S.Hoover