Old April 13th 21, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:29:16 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
Anger? Personal attacks? Not from me...I only observe. But the same couple of people start thread after thread on this subject, and it does get tiresome. I wish Old Bob would fly a few thousand miles crosscountry in a motorglider, then report back on the experience. We could then discuss the pros and cons intelligently.

Just might want to review your post a bit more carefully, the old "Who Not Me", doesn't seem to apply. Now about that motorglider, Old Bob has flown quiet a bit in my lifetime, been places in my pure glider that most would never go, so experience is something that I am not lacking. I get a kick out of the motorglider guys and gals defending their stance on motorglider vs purist. So, Fitch, here is a special invitation to you to come on down to Vero Beach, join us in our 2022 Soaring Safari and fly among the purist. Old Bob

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:19:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 12:47:05 PM UTC-4, Guy Acheson wrote:
Sounds like it is time to end this conversation.
Why does it always end up with personal attacks?

Guy, don't worry I have thick skin, Fitch is just being Fitch. COVID has brought out all the anger in these motorglider pilots, hopefully they will get all their vaccinations soon.