Old April 25th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Invite A Journalist For A Flight

I do not like the part about affluent private pilots. Most are regular
people that put their disposable income into airplanes rather than
boats, country clubs, etc. I had a run in with our local mayor years ago
when she said the the local airport is for the towns 18 wealthy people.
(We only have 18 hangars, so I guess if we had more there would be more
wealthy people). I was on the phone with her for an hour explaining that
I did not live in the affluent housing areas where the doctors and
lawyers lived (well a lot of them). I think she understood and apologized.

Ross

Larry Dighera wrote:

Today the Los Angeles Times ran a story, that details the alarming
rate at which this nation's airports are being closed for ever. This
story was the result of a local airman contacting the local newspaper,
and it resulted in an accurate and balanced report below:

snip

Aviation advocates face a tough political fight that often pits
affluent private pilots who don't live in neighborhoods where their
aircraft are based against communities tired of noise and desperate
for tax revenue.

snip