Old March 9th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Flying to Texas...recommendations?

Dan Luke wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

My buddies and I surfed at those beaches this time of year when we
were high school kids. We wore full wet suits. 60 deg. F water
will turn your grapes to raisins in no time.

Just for the record I had to read the first sentance above twice
before I saw it in say anything other than...

"My buddies and I surfed at those beaches this time of year when we
were high"

Well, uh, actually...never mind.

What years were you surfing down there?

Mid sixties. Our idea of "high" came from a bottle of cherry vodka. Yech.

Thank God. I asked because my wife used to hang out down there (Early
80s)with the surfers before we were married or even new each other. The
thought she was down there with somebody else from the rec.aviation
community was going to be way more than I could handle.

Though after 21 years of marriage it would probably be worth a laugh or two
at OSH one of the days.