Old April 9th 21, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default new SSA web site

On 4/9/21 12:33 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 4/9/2021 11:36 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 4/9/21 8:55 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 4/9/2021 10:31 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 4/8/21 11:05 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:29:16 PM UTC-7,
wrote:

Just got an email reply from SSA. They said to hover over the
Racing tab and the Tracker should appear. Well when I use Chrome
the sub-menu does not appear. When I use Explorer the sub-menu
does appear but crashes when I click on Tracker and I get a
message that it is not supported and to use Chrome. WTF!
Dan
Tried again and SUCCESS.Â* The sailplane tracker DOES work using
Firefox as the browser.Â* No need to log into SSA as a member.Â* Does
NOT work in Chrome or Explorer.

The SSA tracker is just a 'friendly' front end on top of
glideport.aero, which adds some branding.Â* I've always had better
luck going directly to the source.

Funny though, the two ways to look at the same tracking show things
with different units.Â* Glideport shows elevations in meters, and the
SSA overlay shows it in feet.Â* Clearly the underlying tech allows
choice of units - does anybody know how to do it from the user
interface?

Settings/Preferences/Imperial.

Probably have to be logged in.

Logged in?Â* What's that?Â* I don't want to have to login every time just
to look at flight tracks.Â* Anyway, tried now, couldn't figure out my
password.Â* Clicked on "reset password" (this is in glideport.aero) but
the promised email never came in (and yes I checked the spam folder).Â* I
know I put in the right email address because other addresses say "no
such user", and also I see the email address in my IGCdroid configuration.

Did you try turning it off and back on again :-)

My Firefox populates the login credentials, so it's just two clicks for me.