Old September 7th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

Default New Blanik AD

[quote] "It sounds to me as if the engineers of this glider really
screwed the pooch,
with this mess. No way a well designed wing should be having this
serious
of a problem, IMHO. " [unquote]

Given the fact that the Blanik has been in production since 1956 and
that numerous Blaniks have exceeded their normal service life of 10
000 hours without problems, I'd rather suspect something fishy about:

1) the use of this particular Blanik (only 2 300 hours total time, it
seems, but perhaps lots of 2-seat aerobatics);

or

2) a problem with the metallurgy of some parts, not conform to the
original as designed. Production methods have changed in half a
century, and there could even be differences between nominally
identical materials.