Old December 17th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default SPOT recall

Rats! And I have been recommending that people buy SPOT-2 devices
over the older SPOT-1. Oh well, at least SPOT is being proactive
about the issue ;-)

Frank

On Dec 15, 7:06*am, Tom wrote:
December 14, 2009

Dear Valued Partner,

Spot LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best
performance products to our customers, therefore,
Spot LLC will be conducting a voluntary product return on any new
model SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger (SPOT-2)
purchased since October 1, 2009. During recent testing, we discovered
that some of the new SPOT-2 devices might not
meet battery and messaging operating specifications.

Replacement product will be available in early 2010. Spot LLC
guarantees we will exchange your customer s product free
of charge and will be diligently managing the exchange process direct
with approximately 1800 impacted customers.
We will be instructing all customers to return their product directly
to SPOT (seewww.findmespot.com/exchangefor details).
In addition, Spot LLC will work with you directly to meet your
replacement product needs as soon as new product is available.
Tom Knauff