Old April 29th 13, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO

Default LX7007 speed-to-fly problem, revisited ...

Well I have two seemingly disjoint problems, but they are definitely related: (1) my LX gets stuck in "in flight" mode, and (2) the speed commanding is b0rken.

Both are almost certainly related to the LX's IAS reading (or TAS calculation) being stuck. When my speed command stopped working in flight on Sunday I set the LCD indicator to show SPEED (TAS), and it was stuck on 102. At other times in the flight it was stuck on other values (usually high values, above 90) -- but stuck.

Waiting to hear from the factory on this but if anyone has any experience with unsticking a stuck IAS/TAS in an LX, I'm all ears.

(I'm pretty sure this is not a plumbing issue ... if it was, I seriously doubt the indicated value would be constant.)

tuno