Old May 14th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Default LAK-12 Question

Eric Greenwell wrote:
Bruce wrote:

She has had both wingtips bashed, the gear doors ripped off, the belly
scraped and a couple of canopies broken. All minor damage that has
been easily repaired.

That's the first time I've heard a broken canopy called "minor damage"
and "easily repaired".

Hi Eric

MAybe I should have said - non-structural damage.

To replace a canopy takes a free blown transparency and about 12 hours work. One
week of evenings to remind you of your sins. Total cost ~10 aerotows.

So far so good - partner has broken the canopy, but I dont wear hats with
buttons on top...

Cheers
Bruce