Old September 29th 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default SSA State & Nat Records Rules Conflict

On Sep 29, 6:39*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Frank,

I'm sorry to hear that Judy Ruprecht has resigned. *I like Judy. *I look
forward to hearing who replaces her.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"Frank Whiteley" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 9:29 pm, "noel.wade" wrote:

All -

OK so I've submitted some State Records and there is confusion amongst
the people processing the claims... Basically it boils down to a
question on how many Records can be claimed in a single flight.

Some people are saying that you can only submit 1 Distance and 1 Speed
record claimed per Category & Class, per flight. They are pointing to
this file:http://www.ssa.org/files/member/NatSTrules.pdfwhichis
shown as a link on the webpage whenever you view a table of State
Records. Looks like those records were effective starting in 2005?

HOWEVER, the "National & State Rules" PDF on the SSA website
(http://www.ssa.org/files/member/USN&StateRules2010.pdf) seems to permit
multiple simultaneous distance records (see section 6.3 and the
reference to 6.2).

The SSA "Summary of the Sporting Code" (http://www.ssa.org/files/
member/SCsummary09c.pdf) lists NO limitations on claims (see 1.4.1a I
think)

The SSA Badge & Record Guide () seems to indicate that you can have
multiple concurrent distance claims (1.4.5, 1.4.6, 1.4.8, and 1.4.7b

[Those last three documents are all on the "Forms" page, under the
"Soaring Achievement" area.]

And I'll say this: There ARE state records listed where a single
pilot's name shows up under multiple distance records on the same
date... And I have a hard time believing they all set them by flying
multiple times on a single day!

So, what's the correct answer - anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

--Noel

I've found at least one bad link that goes to the 2005 Rules and we'll
get that fixed. *That may have resulted in some confusion earlier
today. *The 2010 Rules should apply and appear to allow multiple
distance claims.

On the SSA Soaring Achievement page, the top of the RH column lists
the committee responsible for content. *There's a show members link at
the bottom of the first section. *When you follow that link, you can e-
mail any member, or the entire group.

Been trying to have someone in the know to hold a state record keeper
webinar for nearly two years per a request. *Judy Ruprecht resigned
effective the end of June and applicants were being interviewed last I
heard.

Frank Whiteley

yea there is one bad link to the 2005 rules. I found it this spring
when I was applying for some state records and it got me pretty good
and confused. I *think* that if you open up the state record matrix
from the SSA website and then click to go to the rules from that
window it goes to the 2005 rules.