Old August 13th 03, 12:40 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies. I ordered 3 new CCA-1550 drains from Aircraft
Spruce. The total with priority USPS shipping was about $30. Curtis

Valve
has a nice application chart on their web site that lists which valves are
used in which aircraft. In the Piper their is no safety wire involved.
Looks like it is just a friction fit with the pipe threading. Is it just
metal to metal with no special sealant?

--
Mike in Tucson (AVQ)
Archer N54405

Pipe threads don't *require* a sealant. However, I would recommend a dab of
fuel lube. You could also use some of the teflon goo, but DON'T use teflon
tape.

KB