Old November 7th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
EridanMan

Default Aerospace Logic CHT+EGT vs EI/JPI EMS

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you had thoughts about the suitability of
Aerospace Logic CHT+EGT gauges as a substitute for a dedicated multibar
EMS for LOP operations.

While obviously I'd be missing out on all the "cool" features, the
aerospace logic gauges would give me Hottest Cylinder CHT/EGT, overtemp
warning (on any cylinder), shock-cool warning (on any cylinder) and 1
degree temperature tracking... Do you really need anything more?

It seems to me to be a matter that all the requisite information would
be there- I would just have to do a bit more interpretation of the data
myself (although I would have a simpler interface as well).

Of course, the fact that I can get an Aerospace logic CHT+EGT for under
a grand is another substantial motivating factor.

Interested in any and all opinions.

-Scott