Old March 9th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Airpath C2400 compass correction card template ?

On Mar 7, 6:24 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone have a PDF or similar for a blank compass
correction card for the Airpath C2400 ?
Thanks !

How fast does your compass spin when you turn on the Antares' electric
motor? I'm guessing that's why you'd need a compass correction card...

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4

First thanks to the many who have mailed me compass correction cards.
I now have a supply to last several years new aircraft production.
No more, please, my mailbox has overflowed.

No Eric, the compass doesn't spin in the Antares, but once again
I forgot the correction card and had to scramble at the last minute.

For the few in the universe that didn't here the story, Roger R9's
Antares 20E had the trailer damaged when they were loading
it on the boat in Germany, and its now back getting a new trailer
top, then back to the factory to ensure the plane is really OK.
Roger flew this glider in Germany last fall and its been a long
saga getting it here.

Anyway, after all this foolishness, I lent Roger my Antares for
the Seniors, and he kindly let me fly it for the first time yesterday
in between his practice flights. It flies magnificently !

Yesterday we started with 80% charge (don't ask), did two
launches and still had 40% charge at the end of the day.
Acceleration and climb is fantastic, and its quiet !
Only squawks were on the ground with minor injuries
such as stretched jaw muscles, pilots falling down and
bruising themselves whilst staring lustfully and not
watching where they were walking, etc.

See ya, Dave