Old July 15th 19, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Fuse for radio

On Sunday, 14 July 2019 21:40:14 UTC+3, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 11:24:31 AM UTC-5, soaringjac wrote:
Anyone know what fuse rating i would need for an old Edo-Aire RT-551 radio. Its marked inop now but i still want to replace the fuse in the panel for it

Between you, me, and the fence post, I prefer breakers rather than fuses. Breakers are easier to reset while in flight than replacing fuses.

Remember to use a minimum of 3A fuses/breakers or risk loosing precious volts. See page 86 of this presentation http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#wiring.

John OHM

Why would you ever need to reset breaker during flight? Breakers protect your wiring, if your wires shorted, are you sure you wan't to reset the situation during flight?