Old December 28th 03, 03:00 AM
BTIZ

that's why all those balloons have been placed along the southern border..
they look down on the drug smugglers.. keep this up and we'll have them
along the northern boarders too.

BTW, I'd hate to be the one flying a C172 over the lake at 200ft AGL, get
out away from either shore... loose the horizon and depth perception.. and
splash..

BT

"tony roberts" wrote in message
Can a 172 flying at 200 feet above water across Lake Superior get

through
undetected by radar or AWACS? Are there holes in radar coverage?

You would have a good chance of sneaking through radar but if an AWAC
were monitoring the area then you don't have a chance. When I lived in
the middle east they could detect pickup trucks smuggling Scotch across
the border from Yemen.
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL