Old January 22nd 04, 03:36 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:55:56 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

We've always got to walk the fine line between kitsch and cool. Sometimes
it's hard to discern the line, and women have a completely different concept
of "cool" than men do, especially regarding aviation.

Mary and I actually agree on the chasing lights, which is sort of amazing to
me.

One thing that occurs to me is that you were talking about indoor use of
the lights. The flicker of the lights might be a bit irritating if it's
visible to your lobby or the pilot's lounge. It's always a distraction to
have lights flashing in the corner of your eye. Hooking them up to a
motion detector might be an alternative.

Also, your options for these might be a bit more restrictive if there's any
sort of electrical code you have to abide by. I suspect they're more
stringent on enforcement for a commercial enterprise than a private home.

You might consider a big "ARRIVALS" sign, coupled with the elephant "JUMBO
TURN" sign some airports use.

Ron Wanttaja