Old July 15th 04, 06:17 PM
John Harlow

After the controller gave us a squawk code, he chewed us our for not
calling him sooner. "You should call us before you reach about 1200
ft because we have arrivals from the west and you caused a MD80 to
get a TCAS RA."

That's ridiculous. They vector traffic 11 miles out right over the
uncontrolled field at nearly TPA and he yells at you for "not calling him
sooner"? He has not a clue some aircraft don't even have radios?

Seems to me HE caused the TCAS RA and was trying to shift the blame.

It's amazing how they drag these airliners in on these loooong low
approaches; it seems unnecessarily risky to me.