Old June 6th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default CFI oral intel

Marty Shapiro wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in
:

Marty Shapiro wrote in
:

Move up to the Rallye 235. Not marginal in climb at all.

Yeah, so I believe. Not very fast, though, is it?

No. Top speed is 152 MPH (131 kt). The automatic leading edge slats
and fixed gear add quite a bit of drag.

Really? I thought they were a good bit slower than that.

With half tanks, just me in the aircraft, 1/2 flaps, and a cool day
(10 C) I can be almost 1,000' AGL by the end of a 3,100' runway if I
hold Vx all the way.

Good bush airplane alright. Rare enough nowadays too, since most seem to
have corroded away.
Is it a French one or a Polish one?
I saw a Taildragger one recently in Spain. That'd probably be quite a
useful machine..

(Fowler flaps. 1/2 has them fully extended but only 10 degrees or so
down.)

At power off, yoke full back, the 235's nose bobbles (more like
light buffet) very slightly on the horizon whle you descend at just
over 1,000 fpm in this nose level attitude.

You'd probably walk away formit, but it would hurt! You're forward
speed is pretty low in this flight regime then, eh? Less than 40?

About 35 MPH.

That's pretty good OK.