Old October 12th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Whiting

Default Hold direct entry and speed in Skyhawk

Terence Wilson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:01:40 -0700, Mark Hansen
wrote:

On 10/12/07 07:39, Terence Wilson wrote:

I use 90. I don't know of any reason you can't use 80 if you like, other
than perhaps going slower than the controllers are expecting, and messing
with their timings, etc.

I was using 100, but had a little trouble maintaining a co-ordinated
standard rate turn, 80 makes it a lot easier (and more fuel
efficient). Obviously I need more practice.

The slower speed means more crab to handle the wind also. I'd fly at
least 90 in a hold in a Hawk, but if you comfortable at 80 nothing wrong
with that.

Matt