Old November 20th 03, 09:05 PM
Mike Rapoport

Default Battery Chargers

I have recently converted from NiCad to lead acid batteries which are supped
to have a life of 2-3 yrs. The batteries cost about $1500 for the pair and
I am interested in maximizing their life the extent practical. I have heard
about "pulse chargers" that reportedly reduce sulfate on the battery plates.
Would using one of these make a meaningful difference in battery life? I
plan to connect the charger through the external power recepticle. Any
thoughts/ideas/sources?

I am also interested in a larger source of DC power so that I can use the
cabin lights and have things turned on while cleaning/troubleshooting ect.
Again I plan to connect through the external power recepticle. I ahve 120V
and 240V availible. I am not looking to spend $000s on a GPU type cart.

Thanks for any input!

Mike
MU-2