Old August 14th 03, 02:05 AM
Peter Gottlieb

It's a lot like the "tough on crime" insanity which took away judge's
discretion and caused a host of problems. Everyone wants to out-do each
other on how Tough On Terrorism they *appear* to be. This is unfortunately
another one of those uncontrollable government spirals which will waste our
money and cripple our economy and there is very little we can do about it.
It's almost better to just let it run its course and get so horrifically bad
faster, so it affects more of the public sooner, and some brave leader
stands up and asks why we are hurting ourselves like this.

"Aloft" wrote in message
We're approaching an election year; time to make this an issue for the
politicians. If they get enough voters asking them where they stand on
restoring passenger rights and dignity, it WILL become important to them.