Old March 27th 04, 05:15 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 06:18:18 -0700, Ed Wischmeyer
wrote:

Fortunately, the package includes a translation into English.
Unfortunately, there are some terms that were apparently Finnish
abbeviations/acronyms that were left untranslated.

Did they supply any illustrations? I'd think your cause would be helped by
a photo Finnish...

The package had illustrations, but none that including any labeling of the
three terms in question. I've typed-in the English translation (everything
was hand-written) and included illustrations from the original Finnish
document and put it on my web page:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/fi...ds_english.doc

This doesn't yet include the pages with the terms in question, since I'm
hoping to include those with the translated terms.

The package also has photos of the test setups used. Unfortunately, the
documents I have are copies of a copy faxed to Australia in 1988, so
there's very little detail. From what can be made out from the pictures
and documented in the text, this was a very complete test...assymetric
engine mount, sandbagging the wings with the plane both upright and upside
down, etc.

There are some countries that still want to see this sort of load
information on homebuilts, and I'm trying to make the original Finnish
package available to the Fly Baby crowd. It's a bit tough; it was
hand-written on graph paper, and normal image-compression techniques don't
make much headway with so many lines on the paper.

Ron Wanttaja